A post relating to this item from Finextra:
06 April, 2010
Finance-related iPad apps launch
Finance firms from Nasdaq OMX to Twitter founder Jack Dorsey's Square have moved to tap the Apple iPad hype with the launch of apps for the new hardware.
As iPad was released, a lots of developers already started up their engines to create thousands or even millions of different apps, so the financial ones will be there too.
The good thing about the iPad that on the first run, we do not know for what we can use it. The developers themselves are exhaustively thinking about it, to find a good idea and create a killer app, so somebody will pay for eventually.
There are already
few financial apps available for the iPad, and I can imagine some more.
My expectations for the financial app category for iPad:
- Capital market data and real-time portfolio visualisations from my investment bank
- Super-intuitive loan calculators and repayment plans (to replace branch advisory)
- Simplified, touch-driven online banking
- Credit card image designer
- Electronic purse
- Account aggregation / Personal finance management apps (mint, wesabe)
- Price comparison of financial products
- ATM and branch locator
What would you expect from the iPad?